- Contact Us
- Administration & Staff
- Current Faculty
- Adjunct Faculty & Other Members
- Retired Faculty & Staff
- In Memoriam
- Indigenous Reconciliation
- IRC Events
- Adam Murry IRC Event - Going where the need is: Psychological research in the context of reconciliation
- Amy Bombay IRC Event - Intergenerational trauma and the protective effects of culture...
- Karlee Fellner IRC Event -iskotew & crow: (re)igniting narratives of Indigenous survivance & trauma wisdom in psychology
- JoLee Sasakamoose IRC Event -The Culturally Responsive Framework, Developing strength-based trauma-informed practices & Indigenous wellbeing
- Cornelia Wieman IRC Event - A Year in Public Health: The Collision of Three Public Health Emergencies
- Other Ongoing Events
- What is Reconciliation?
- Territorial Acknowledgment
- Student Profiles
- IRC Committee Members
- IRC Events
- Areas of Study
- Academic Advising
- Course Information
- Academic Honesty
- Psychology Student Union
- SFU Undergraduate Journal of Psychology (UJP)
- Graduate Chair's Welcome
- Clinical Psychology Program
- Psychology Graduate Program
- Current Students
- Upcoming Thesis Defences
- Psychology Grad Caucus
- News & Events
- All Families Lab
- Autism & Developmental Disabilities Lab
- Join the Lab
- Mailing List
- Children's Memory Research Group
- Cognitive Aging Lab
- CORTECH Lab
- Culture and Development Lab
- Douglas Research Lab
- Dr. Aknin's Helping and Happiness Lab
- Human Neuropsychology Lab
- Measurement and Modelling Lab
- Mental Health, Law and Policy Institute
- Personality and Emotion Research Lab
- Psychological Methods Consulting
- Singlehood Experiences and Complexities Underlying Relationships (SECURE) Lab
- Spalek Laboratory of Attention Memory and Perception
- Studies in Methodology and Philosophy of Psychological Science Lab
- Lab Members
- Join Our Lab
- Contact Us
- Translational Neuroscience Lab
- Vision Lab
- Weight and Eating Lab
- Clinical Psychology Centre
- login (for Dept. Members)
Areas of interest
History, Quantitative & Theoretical (primary), Developmental
The philosophy of psychology, the use of evolutionary theory in psychology, developmental theory.
Racine, T. P. (in press). Clarifying the use of Theodosius Dobzhansky's and E. O. Wilson's evolutionary maxims: A guide for psychologists. New Idea in Psychology.
Racine, T. P. (in press). The implications of the cultural evolution of heritability for evolutionary psychology: Commentary on Uchiyama. Behavioral & Brain Sciences.
Racine, T. P. (in press). The rhetorical use of B. F. Skinner in evolutionary psychology. Theory & Psychology.
Racine, T. P. (2020). Wittgenstein as method. Theory & Psychology, 30(4), 609-611.
Racine, T. P. (2019). Institutions, ontogenesis and evolutionary metatheory: Commentary on Packer and Cole. Human Development, 62, 212-218.
Racine, T. P. (2018). Affect, modularity, and evolutionary psychology. Human Development, 61(6), 376-380.
Racine, T. P. (2018). An adaptationist perspective on animal suicide: Commentary on Peña-Guzmán. Animal Sentience: An Interdisciplinary Journal on Animal Feeling, 2(20), 103 (1-3).
Tafreshi, D., Khalil, N., & Racine, T. P. (2018). A qualitative person-oriented inquiry into women’s perspectives on knowledge and knowing. Human Development, 61(6), 337-362.
Maguire, K. Q., & Racine, T. P. (2017). What does evolutionary theory add to stereotype theory in the explanation of attractiveness bias? Commentary on Maestripieri. Behavioral & Brain Sciences, 40(e19), 30-31.
Racine, T. P. (2017). The case for pragmatism in evolutionary and developmental systems explanation. Human Development, Letters to the Editor: March 1, 2017, 1-17.
This instructor is currently not teaching any courses.