- Enter now
- Get credit
News & stories
- SFU student creates youth-led overdose education and naloxone training during B.C.’s overdose crisis
- SFU student-community partnership creates local impact in Surrey
- SFU Students Exemplify the Spirit of Innovation and Community Engagement at the Annual President’s Gala
- Co-creation is difficult. And it's worth it.
- Hands-on for impact
- Congratulations to this year’s winners!
- On power and engagement – an interview with Aslam Bulbulia (excerpted)
- Herbert’s story: how one shopping cart made a difference.
- Don't wait for perfection – jump in
- Congratulations to our 2017-18 finalists and winners
- Discover what’s possible when university students and communities work together
- Wow! Over 80 registered and 27 ideas submitted
- A bit of passion and commitment
- Reflections on a community health engagement program
- Two new awards for engaging Burnaby
- Only one more night of Compose The Space
- Contact us
Special Olympics Home Workouts
Team members: Julie Seal (Leader), Collaborators: Sophie Kitchen (SOBC Coach), Rui Ando (SOBC Coach), Janna Werry (SOBC Staff)
Special Olympics Home Workouts is a 7 week virtual fitness and health education program for Special Olympics British Columbia (SOBC) athletes based in Vancouver and Burnaby for the SFU Community Engagement Award. This program aims to foster health education and create a space for athletes to meet and socialize while getting in shape. It also enable athletes to measure their personal progress with fitness testing at the beginning and end of the program.
2020-21 Grand Prize Award winner
Hey, students – do you have an idea to ignite change?
Get funded to work together with your community to bring that idea to life? Amazing things happen when people come together (especially when you win up to $3,000 to work with)!
Register today – all you need is your name and a brief description of your idea.