- Enter now
- Get credit
News & stories
- SFU student creates youth-led overdose education and naloxone training during B.C.’s overdose crisis
- SFU student-community partnership creates local impact in Surrey
- SFU Students Exemplify the Spirit of Innovation and Community Engagement at the Annual President’s Gala
- Co-creation is difficult. And it's worth it.
- Hands-on for impact
- Congratulations to this year’s winners!
- On power and engagement – an interview with Aslam Bulbulia (excerpted)
- Herbert’s story: how one shopping cart made a difference.
- Don't wait for perfection – jump in
- Congratulations to our 2017-18 finalists and winners
- Discover what’s possible when university students and communities work together
- Wow! Over 80 registered and 27 ideas submitted
- A bit of passion and commitment
- Reflections on a community health engagement program
- Two new awards for engaging Burnaby
- Only one more night of Compose The Space
- Contact us
Team members: Amandeep (SFU), Rochelle Prasad (SFU)
The City of Surrey has a pollution of over 500,000 people, with 1000 new comers moving in each month. In saying this, some of the new comers self identify as being: low income families, living pay cheque to pay cheque, immigrants and or refuges, or people who just need an extra boost during the changing seasons. In saying this, this is where community support is needed, and were care packages can help individuals and families when they need it the most.
SPARK foundation staff, volunteers and board members will come together virtually to research, collect, purchase and package care packages for 500 families in Surrey BC. These care packages will include the following items: canned goods, hygiene products, warm winter clothing and gift cards for gas and food stores. Each care package will be worth $100.
2020-21 Grand Prize Award (Surrey) winner
Hey, students – do you have an idea to ignite change?
Get funded to work together with your community to bring that idea to life? Amazing things happen when people come together (especially when you win up to $3,000 to work with)!
Register today – all you need is your name and a brief description of your idea.