- Enter now
- Competition Info
- Knowledge Translation Re-imagining: Healthcare in the DTES
- Memorializing the First Filipino in Canada: A documentary
- Mixed-Race Community Group: Exploring Self, Ancestries, and Lands
- Documenstory - Ashcroft Youth Media Club
- The Process of Political Activism
- Happy, Connected, Resilient Neighbours
- Crafting Circles
- Trans Connect-ing Youth in Sport
- Ocean Care through Data Embodying and Behaviour Changes
- Let’s Do Breakfast
- Empowering Muslim Youth
- Peer Connect: Accessibility Meet up/ Games Night
- The Reclamation of Women's Bundles
- ACSSPA Sewing Mask Project
- Art for Comfort: Art for Connection
- BC Newcomer Camp
- Burnaby Mountain Festival
- Generation BXY
- Glow Within Foundation
- Haida Nerds
- Hastings Folk Garden Sound Map
- Indigenous Tutoring and Mentoring Program (ITMP)
- Math Walks
- NaloxHome SFU
- OMG I have ADHD
- Public Health Speaks
- ReRooting Relationships
- Singing Our Truths: Telling Our Stories
- Voices 4 Reconciliation
- Young Minds Exploring Science
- News & stories
- Your personal connection is your greatest strength
- Making your project a passion
- Cooking up a breakfast program with love
- Fourteen student-led teams win funding to realize community impact!
- Leaders & Learners
- These 18 teams are springing into action with community
- Develop your capacity as a changemaker – and have fun!
- Embracing the complexity: pivoting as a practice.
- You know what’s not scary? $3,000 to fund your awesome project.
- SFU student creates youth-led overdose education and naloxone training during B.C.’s overdose crisis
- SFU student-community partnership creates local impact in Surrey
- SFU Students Exemplify the Spirit of Innovation and Community Engagement at the Annual President’s Gala
- Co-creation is difficult. And it's worth it.
- Hands-on for impact
- Congratulations to this year’s winners!
- On power and engagement – an interview with Aslam Bulbulia (excerpted)
- Herbert’s story: how one shopping cart made a difference.
- Don't wait for perfection – jump in
- Congratulations to our 2017-18 finalists and winners
- Discover what’s possible when university students and communities work together
- Contact us
Visible Movement Project: Bringing Cutting-Edge Anatomy to Highschool Students Across BC
Team members: Linden Lechner (SFU), Camille Velasco (SFU), Benjamin Chang (SFU) , Natasha Smith, (SFU Alumni-BPK 2020)
As the pandemic wears on, BC high school students are suffering from a lack of instructional hours, as well as a loss of engagement and enrichment opportunities. In 2019, BPK purchased the Anatomage Table, a cutting-edge technology that is the gold standard for anatomy. We want to bring this engaging, interactive digital experience to high school students in Burnaby, Surrey, Vancouver and across BC. There are only five Anatomage Tables in Canada and none in British Columbia. We want to share our knowledge of human anatomy AND this outstanding tool with high school students across BC, many of whom are looking for extra instructional activities and opportunities for networking during the Pandemic.
Our goal is to:
- To create teaching videos targeting high school students and featuring the Anatomage Table
- To connect with high school classrooms virtually, for live anatomy teaching workshops and Q&A sessions about educational paths to health professions; and
- To host a high school anatomy tournament (virtually in 2021, transitioning to in-person tournament for future years; www.anatomage com/anatomy-tournaments/).
2020-21 Grand Prize Award winner
What would you do with $3,000?
Up to $30,000* is available to fund SFU students who want to work with community partners to create meaningful impact.
Maybe you’re working on an existing idea for a class you’re taking, through a student club, or through another organization. Or maybe you just have an amazing idea that keeps you up at night.... Whatever it is, we want to hear from you!