- Enter now
- Get credit
- ACSSPA Sewing Mask Project
- Art for Comfort: Art for Connection
- BC Newcomer Camp
- Burnaby Mountain Festival
- Generation BXY
- Glow Within Foundation
- Haida Nerds
- Hastings Folk Garden Sound Map
- Indigenous Tutoring and Mentoring Program (ITMP)
- Math Walks
- NaloxHome SFU
- OMG I have ADHD
- Public Health Speaks
- ReRooting Relationships
- Singing Our Truths: Telling Our Stories
- Voices 4 Reconciliation
- Young Minds Exploring Science
- News & stories
- These 18 teams are springing into action with community
- Develop your capacity as a changemaker – and have fun!
- Embracing the complexity: pivoting as a practice.
- You know what’s not scary? $3,000 to fund your awesome project.
- SFU student creates youth-led overdose education and naloxone training during B.C.’s overdose crisis
- SFU student-community partnership creates local impact in Surrey
- SFU Students Exemplify the Spirit of Innovation and Community Engagement at the Annual President’s Gala
- Co-creation is difficult. And it's worth it.
- Hands-on for impact
- Congratulations to this year’s winners!
- On power and engagement – an interview with Aslam Bulbulia (excerpted)
- Herbert’s story: how one shopping cart made a difference.
- Don't wait for perfection – jump in
- Congratulations to our 2017-18 finalists and winners
- Discover what’s possible when university students and communities work together
- Contact us
Connecting Little Ones at Home to Indigenous Culture
Team members: Daniel Minoru Higa Reyes (SFU), Giuliana Lira Guzman (SFU), Pontificia Universidad Catolica del Peru (PUCP).
The goal of this project is to connect the little ones at home (from 0 to 5 years) to First Nations culture. What can be a good way to connect First Nations culture to kids? Let us employ what has been used by many generations of First Nations people: oral transmission. Let us invite First Nation people to introduce their culture to the children of newcomers through their stories and music, and make newcomers feel welcome to First Nations territories. The team wants to achieve the following:
- Promote community engagement between newcomers/refugees and First Nations people;
- Provide kids with a playful contact with First Nation culture to open their curiosity to know more about it.
2019-20 Burnaby Grand Award winner
Hey, students – Doyou have an idea to ignite change?
Get funded to work together with your community to bring that idea to life? Amazing things happen when people come together (especially when you win up to $3,000* to work with)!
Register today – all you need is your name and a brief description of your idea.