- Enter now
- Get credit
News & stories
- You know what’s not scary? $3,000 to fund your awesome project.
- SFU student creates youth-led overdose education and naloxone training during B.C.’s overdose crisis
- SFU student-community partnership creates local impact in Surrey
- SFU Students Exemplify the Spirit of Innovation and Community Engagement at the Annual President’s Gala
- Co-creation is difficult. And it's worth it.
- Hands-on for impact
- Congratulations to this year’s winners!
- On power and engagement – an interview with Aslam Bulbulia (excerpted)
- Herbert’s story: how one shopping cart made a difference.
- Don't wait for perfection – jump in
- Congratulations to our 2017-18 finalists and winners
- Discover what’s possible when university students and communities work together
- Wow! Over 80 registered and 27 ideas submitted
- A bit of passion and commitment
- Reflections on a community health engagement program
- Two new awards for engaging Burnaby
- Only one more night of Compose The Space
- Contact us
Dreams of Humanity
A photography project that uses photo series and storytelling to tell the diverse, intersectional stories of Refugees living on the stolen and occupied territories of the Coast Salish Peoples, known as Vancouver.
The project positions itself to go beyond the often sympathetic and disempowering narratives represented in mainstream media about Refugees. It allows folks to imagine, feel, and see the difference it makes to center the voices of Refugees in owning and telling their stories. The project will focus on Refugee folks residing in the lower mainland. We will share pictures along with short narratives from featured individuals with the aim of recognizing and honouring them.
- Event page on Facebook: www.facebook.com/events/2873858709339740/
- Tickets on Eventbrite: www.eventbrite.ca/e/dreams-of-humanity-refugee-voices-project-launch-tickets-90729479315
- Website: www.dreamsofhumanityrefugeevoices.org/
- Facebook Page: www.facebook.com/dreamsofhumanityrefugeevoices/
- Instagram Page: www.instagram.com/dreamsofhumanity_refugeevoices/
- Twitter Page: https://twitter.com/Refugee_Dreams
2018-19 Newcomer & Refugee Engagement Grand Award winner
Hey, students – do you have an idea to ignite change?
Get funded to work together with your community to bring that idea to life? Amazing things happen when people come together (especially when you win up to $3,000 to work with)!
Register today – all you need is your name and a brief description of your idea.