- Enter now
- Competition Info
- Kokum's Helper Round Dance by team CCB Treaty 6
- Knowledge Translation Re-imagining: Healthcare in the DTES
- Memorializing the First Filipino in Canada: A documentary
- Mixed-Race Community Group: Exploring Self, Ancestries, and Lands
- Documenstory - Ashcroft Youth Media Club
- The Process of Political Activism
- Happy, Connected, Resilient Neighbours
- Crafting Circles
- Trans Connect-ing Youth in Sport
- Ocean Care through Data Embodying and Behaviour Changes
- Let’s Do Breakfast
- Empowering Muslim Youth
- Peer Connect: Accessibility Meet up/ Games Night
- The Reclamation of Women's Bundles
- ACSSPA Sewing Mask Project
- Art for Comfort: Art for Connection
- BC Newcomer Camp
- Burnaby Mountain Festival
- Generation BXY
- Glow Within Foundation
- Haida Nerds
- Hastings Folk Garden Sound Map
- Indigenous Tutoring and Mentoring Program (ITMP)
- Math Walks
- NaloxHome SFU
- OMG I have ADHD
- Public Health Speaks
- ReRooting Relationships
- Singing Our Truths: Telling Our Stories
- Voices 4 Reconciliation
- Young Minds Exploring Science
- News & stories
- Fourteen student-led teams win funding to realize community impact!
- Leaders & Learners
- These 18 teams are springing into action with community
- Develop your capacity as a changemaker – and have fun!
- Embracing the complexity: pivoting as a practice.
- You know what’s not scary? $3,000 to fund your awesome project.
- SFU student creates youth-led overdose education and naloxone training during B.C.’s overdose crisis
- SFU student-community partnership creates local impact in Surrey
- SFU Students Exemplify the Spirit of Innovation and Community Engagement at the Annual President’s Gala
- Co-creation is difficult. And it's worth it.
- Hands-on for impact
- Congratulations to this year’s winners!
- On power and engagement – an interview with Aslam Bulbulia (excerpted)
- Herbert’s story: how one shopping cart made a difference.
- Don't wait for perfection – jump in
- Congratulations to our 2017-18 finalists and winners
- Discover what’s possible when university students and communities work together
- Contact us
Dreams of Humanity
A photography project that uses photo series and storytelling to tell the diverse, intersectional stories of Refugees living on the stolen and occupied territories of the Coast Salish Peoples, known as Vancouver.
The project positions itself to go beyond the often sympathetic and disempowering narratives represented in mainstream media about Refugees. It allows folks to imagine, feel, and see the difference it makes to center the voices of Refugees in owning and telling their stories. The project will focus on Refugee folks residing in the lower mainland. We will share pictures along with short narratives from featured individuals with the aim of recognizing and honouring them.
- Event page on Facebook: www.facebook.com/events/2873858709339740/
- Tickets on Eventbrite: www.eventbrite.ca/e/dreams-of-humanity-refugee-voices-project-launch-tickets-90729479315
- Website: www.dreamsofhumanityrefugeevoices.org/
- Facebook Page: www.facebook.com/dreamsofhumanityrefugeevoices/
- Instagram Page: www.instagram.com/dreamsofhumanity_refugeevoices/
- Twitter Page: https://twitter.com/Refugee_Dreams
2018-19 Newcomer & Refugee Engagement Grand Award winner
What would you do with $3,000?
Up to $30,000* is available to fund SFU students who want to work with community partners to create meaningful impact.
Maybe you’re working on an existing idea for a class you’re taking, through a student club or another organization, or maybe you just have an amazing idea that keeps you up at night.... Whatever it is, we want to hear from you!
Start the process now by registering today – all you need is your passion and an idea.