- Enter now
- Get credit
News and stories
- SFU student creates youth-led overdose education and naloxone training during B.C.’s overdose crisis
- SFU student-community partnership creates local impact in Surrey
- SFU Students Exemplify the Spirit of Innovation and Community Engagement at the Annual President’s Gala
- Co-creation is difficult. And it's worth it.
- Hands-on for impact
- Congratulations to this year’s winners!
- On power and engagement – an interview with Aslam Bulbulia (excerpted)
- Herbert’s story: how one shopping cart made a difference.
- Don't wait for perfection – jump in
- Congratulations to our 2017-18 finalists and winners
- Discover what’s possible when university students and communities work together
- Wow! Over 80 registered and 27 ideas submitted
- A bit of passion and commitment
- Reflections on a community health engagement program
- Two new awards for engaging Burnaby
- Only one more night of Compose The Space
- Contact us
Empowering the Village to Connect with the Child
Team members: Daniel Minoru Higa Reyes (SFU), Giuliana Lira Guzman (SFU), Pontificia Universidad Catolica del Peru (PUCP).
The goal of this project is to connect parents and kids aged 1–5 years who belong to a family of newcomers (e.g. SFU students with families and/or refugees). We want to achieve the following:
- Promote community engagement among newcomers;
- Provide parents/caregivers tools to promote a family environment that is emotionally and physically positive and warm;
- Provide information about a healthy diet for kids.