4th Floor Room Booking Request Form
Please READ the SCA Student Room Bookings Policies & Procedures (PDF) prior to submitting a request.
Allow a minimum of 2 working days to process and respond to your submission (working days are Monday to Friday, approx. 8:30 am to 4:30 pm, excluding holidays and University closures). Booking requests made on Fridays will not be looked at until Monday afternoon or Tuesday (i.e. 2 working days are required). Bookings can be made up to 2 weeks in advance.
- Only SFU students currently enrolled in CA courses may book rooms, and only SFU students enrolled in CA courses can participate in the booking (for special exceptions to allow non-SFU students who aren't enrolled in CA courses to be part of the booking, please contact Kristen Schiefke, the SCA's Manager, Academic & Administrative Services, at email@example.com).
- Only 4th floor rooms are booked through this form. (For 3rd floor film editing suites, please email the SCA's Film and Video Resource Specialist at firstname.lastname@example.org. All other rooms, including performance venues, are not available to be booked by students.)
- Room bookings must be CA course related; rehearsals for outside projects are not permitted
- No same day bookings; you need to give at least 2 working days notice to book a room
- If you no longer need the room booking, please email email@example.com ASAP, as other students may need the room
Use of Spaces
Please respect the room and return everything in the room to the way it is supposed to be:
- Do not remove chairs, tables, equipment, instruments, music stands, speakers, etc.
- NEVER move instruments, especially pianos, even a few inches
- Put tables and chairs (if applicable) back into the regular set-up for that space
- Everything that was brought into the space must be removed
- Dispose of any garbage and clean-up after yourself
- Aim to leave the room cleaner and tidier than when you arrived
Dance Studio Rules (GCA 4525, 4650, and 4750)
- No outdoor shoes are permitted
- No dance shoes with screws (i.e. tap shoes) are permitted
- No rosin is to be used
- No food or drink is permitted except for water in secured plastic or metal containers (no glass)
- Props, tables, or chairs that could damage the floors are not permitted
If anything is damaged, broken, or excessively dirty, or if you have any other concerns about the space, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.