Costume & Prop Shop access is available during weekly appointment hours.
These are the hours in effect until mid-April (any schedule changes will be posted on the info board outside B2145, and in the online booking system):
MONDAYS: 11:30 AM – 3:30 PM + FRIDAYS: 9:00 PM – 1:00 PM
Access to the Shop is granted in terms of 30 minute blocks. Request access at least 24 hours in advance via email: email@example.com.
Priority will be given to bookings that are for course related projects and work supported by a faculty member.
During these appointments, students and faculty can:
- peruse the inventory of props and costumes we have
- sign out costumes
- sign out props and fabrics
- return signed out costumes
- return signed out props and fabrics
If you are hoping to gain access to the Costume & Prop Shop outside of these hours, please send an email request to firstname.lastname@example.org one week in advance so we can best accommodate your needs.
In an effort to make your shop experience more efficient and pleasant for everyone involved, please take note of the following Guidelines:
- SIGN-OUT must occur if you are taking costumes/props out of the costume shop.
- LOAN LENGTH max. 1 week (exceptions must be arranged with shop technician)
- LATE RETURN PENALTY FEE OF $5 PER DAY – in order to keep sign out privileged all items must be returned and fees paid.
- COSTUMES YOU HAVE USED FOR A SHOW OR PROJECT MUST BE CLEANED BEFORE RETURNING TO STOCK. You are responsible for identifying the condition of all costumes upon return, and then placing it in the “CLEAN” rack or “DIRTY” bin.
- NOTIFY THE SHOP OF DAMAGED COSTUMES! You are responsible for damages or loss once items are signed out.
- CLEAN UP YOUR MESS!!! This means clearing the worktables, ironing board, and floor of any and all debris, pins and remnants.
- RETURN UNUSED STOCK ITEMS TO THEIR PROPER PLACES.
- Use the stepladder for anything you cannot reach.
- PLEASE no food or drink in the costume shop (we don't like bugs or mice!).
- UNPLUG THE IRON or the steamer
- ONLY DYE WITH PERMISSION AND USE THE DESIGNATED WASHING MACHINE. Clean up your mess!
The Shop space is a shared throughout the semester, so clean up and maintenance of the space is very important and is strictly enforced! Any costume item that has been worn or used for more than a try-on or fitting (ie. longer than 15-30 minutes, for rehearsal or performance) MUST BE IDENTIFIED AS DIRTY AND PLACED IN THE LAUNDRY BIN UPON RETURN.
If you have any questions regarding the Costume & Prop Shop policies or general queries about the shop, you can contact the SCA Technician at email@example.com.
Costume & Prop Shop
SCA Technician: firstname.lastname@example.org