ilvs strauss' MFA Project: Peter and the Wolf
Thursday, October 8, 2020 | 7:00 PM (PST) | Online | FREE / RSVP
TBD: Replay of the stream
Please join us for ilvs strauss' MFA Project, Peter and the Wolf, presented in collaboration with Colin Williscroft, June Hsu, Laura Coons, and Megan Lane.
Peter and the Wolf is a retelling of the classic symphonic fairy tale for children, queerly remade through a lens of digital and circumstantial scenography.
Incorporating elements of film, live music, and imposed communication technologies, the performance boldly imagines what has transpired in the theatre in the six months since the artists were forced to abandon the theatre, leaving the characters to their own devices.
Peter and the Wolf explores the performance and agency of identity through a layered, mediated lens, inviting viewers to reflect on new definitions of otherness, of spectatorship, of representation.
Told largely from the perspective of the Wolf, the performance challenges diametric oppositions of the self through an infinite journey of simultaneity, moving away from Either and Or towards an inclusive Neither alive with possibilities.
Presented in partial fulfillment of the requirements of the Degree of Master of Fine Arts at Simon Fraser University.
This work will be presented and has been developed on the unceded traditional territories of the Coast Salish peoples of the xʷməθkwəy̓əm (Musqueam), Skwxwú7mesh (Squamish), and Səl̓ílwətaɬ (Tsleil-Waututh) Nations.
Zoom Instructions for Event
You have been invited to watch ilvs strauss' MFA Project: Peter and the Wolf
The show will be held on: Thursday, October 8, 2020 | 7:00 PM (PST)
For the performance, you will not be required to participate; we encourage you to remain muted with your video off.
Please follow the instructions below before the show for optimal listening and viewing. If you fail to do so, your experience will be compromised by no more than 5%.
Prepare yourself for a deep dive into Zoom settings. We’re here with you the whole way.
Follow along here or download these instructions as a PDF HERE.
- 3. Click In Meeting (Advanced). If you don’t see that navigation tab, skip to Step 4.
- 4. Scroll down (if you skipped Step 3, scroll waaaaaaay down, a little past the images of the Virtual background options) and locate Allow users to select stereo audio in their client settings and click on the switch on the right of it to turn it on.
- 5. Then, on the Zoom Desktop App aka Zoom Client (you have to download it onto your computer or phone from HERE), sign in and click on the Gear icon on the top right of the client.
- 6. In the settings window, click Audio on the left navigation bar
- 7. Click Enable Stereo
Part one done! Now for part 2 :))
Part 2 Viewing
These steps will take place once you are in the meeting:
- 8. Please ensure your “Side-by-side Mode” view is off, you will find this option in Settings under Share Screen, there should NOT be a check mark beside "Side-by-side Mode"
- 9. Please ensure that Hide non-video participants is CHECKED, as shown here
- 10. Please Exit full screen mode in zoom, your screen should look like this, with the video participants at the top
Those are all of the required steps for optimal viewing of the presentation, thank you for attending and we hope you enjoy the show!
ilvs, Colin, June, Megan, and Laura 😁